Well, hello, fancy meeting you here…
It occurs to me that it’s been far too long since my last post, and if it weren’t for the frequently updated Twitter feed, I’d have to sit down and seriously answer the question: How long must a blog be idle before it’s declared legally dead?
Well, for what it’s worth, you have my sheepish apologies along with all the leftover holiday fruitcake (FedExed by aunt in Chicago and now extra crispy). Good bribe, eh?
Now that that’s settled… how have you been these past seven months?
As for me:
- I read tons and wrote 2 poems total (good output if you consider how much time I’ve had to put into training for my new career as trapeze artist/pole dancer)
- I learned how to make baklava from scratch (after copious tears and gnashing of teeth)
- I’m now a Virgo and finally compatible with myself
- The boys have grown several more inches, some of which are around the waist and feet (I can now borrow their jeans and shoes)(Sorry, fashion police)
- The family zoo has dwindled by one Russian tortoise– Bebop died (he was a good soldier to the end; loved julienned carrots and Tchaikovsky)
- For reasons only she can know, 5-year-old niece has taken to conversing with the wee dog in a British accent
And finally, life carries on and continues to amaze us all with its ability to surprise, delight, and challenge. It is always better than we hope for, even when it gets rather difficult. In the immortal words of John Lennon, “Life is what happens to you while you’re busy making other plans.”
A belated Happy New Year to all. Make new beginnings, cherish old ones, keep doing what makes you happy… whatever it is, make it good.